Clubs & Societies
Inaugural function of Women cell was held in the college. Ms. Manisha Khanna, Ex- Alumni, Investment and Trust Accountant, Members Equity Bank, Melbourne was the chief Guest on the occasion. A writer by passion, her article is published in ‘Australian Rationalist’ magazine. She writes under the pen name of ‘Maahib’. Her poems are even uploaded on YouTube. In her address to the students, she made a presentation on ‘Accepting Yourself’. She delved on the importance of loving oneself, forgiving oneself and to be good to oneself. Through common examples she reiterated the importance of independence for a woman and her acceptance of her individuality. An Afghani dance by Afghani students of the college enthralled the audience and kept them asking for more. Their colorful attires and their traditional dance captivated the attention of the onlookers. It was followed by a poem, self-composed by Harman of B.com 2nd year, expressing the beauty of a woman and her empowerment.
“Kuch Mazaa le lo, Kuch Khushi de do”- A fun cum charity event,was held on 27th march ,2017 in the college premises. Various fun games were organized by the volunteers of the woman cell like “Sikke Ki Machhli, Pyasa Unth, Nishanbaaz, Skipping Rope, Musical Chair, etc.”Students enthusiastically participated in all the games and the proceeds so collected were meant to be given as charity to ‘Snehalaya’ in sector-39.Later, an installation ceremony was conducted. Kirti of BA 3rd year was installed as the President of the club. Harman of B. Com 2nd year as the VicePresident. The post of secretary and Joint- Secretary went to Meenu and Smriti resp. of B.com 2nd year. Himani of BBA-3rd Year was installed as the treasurer of the clu.
D- MASTER’S CLUB
At the Inaugural function of D-Master’s Club of 27th August, 2016. An installation ceremony was conducted and the office bearers were appointed. Ms. Simarpreet Kaur of B. Com-III was elected President of the club.
A workshop on ‘Interview Skills’ was held under the club by Mrs. Pooja Kapoor, Head, People Academy HR consultants. Practical demonstrations were also made to help the students learn this essential skill. Students participated in debate “T.V. Serials are destroying the flavor of social relationships”. It was followed by a rebuttal and a heated discussion was witnessed. The members of the club enthusiastically participated in the open discussion.
D-Master Club and Economics Society of the college organized “दimprint 2k17” It was sponsored by SBI, Gyanm, IIHT, Bulls Eye, ESM India, Abhimanyu IAS Institute and Chandigarh University.
- 16 colleges from the the tricity participating in “दimprint 2k17”.
- Students enthusiastically participated in a whole line of events ranging from RJ Hunt, Debate, Extempore, Powerpoint Presentation, Rangoli to Photography and Slogan Writing.
- The students put in their best as they voiced their views through presentations, debates and poster making, and brought alive the colourful images in Rangoli and Face Painiting, through pictures that spoke more than words in the photography competition.
- While RJ Manav from 94.3 “My Fm” raised the entertainment quotient through his witty exchanges as he judged the RJ Hunt, the melodies of Punjab resonated in the songs of Ekam, Amarinder Amry, Saggu and Preet Judge.
- Swati Sinha of B.Sc.-III was inducted as the new Rotarct Club President along with her team of 60 members on 31st August 2016.
- To celebrate International Literacy day on 8th September, 2016 the Rotaractors visited Sheajjot Senior Secondary School, Dhanas and conducted quiz competition for students of VIth to VIIIth class. They interacted with them and motivated them to set their goal in life and work towards achieving it. The winners were given stationary items as gift.
- On 1st October, 2016, 16 Rotaractors participated in Blood Donation Awareness Campaign at sector-16, Jan Marg by forming a human chain along with Rotaractors of othe Rotaract Clubs.
- On 19th November, 2016 the Rotaractors visited Govt. Model School, Sector-33, Chandigarh to spread the message of Communal Harmony and National Integration. On the occasion they interacted with the students and conducted painting competition for the students. The winners were given prizes.
- National Voters Day was celebrated by the Rotaractors on 28th January 2017 to create awareness about the importance of casting vote. On this occasion, theme related Poster Making, Collage Making, Rangoli Making and Essay Writing Competitions were held.
- Two Rotaractors participated in ‘Annual Vishnu Gupta Memorial Debate’ on the topic ‘Dialogue is the only answer to the resolution of Kashmir issue’ organized by Rotary Club, Chandigarh Midtown on 10th February, 2017.
- Rotaractors celebrated Mothers Language Day on 21st February 2017 with the students of Govt. Primary School, Buterla, Sector-41, Chandigarh by organizing theme related Fancy dress competition and Poetry Recitation Competition for them.
- A Medical Cap was organized with the assistance of Rotary Club Chandigarh Midtown on 9th March, 2017. At the camp 450 students and staff members consulted Dermatologist, Dentist and an Ophthalmologist.
- A Lecture on “Awareness of Renewable Energy” in collaboration with Chandigarh Renewable Energy & Tech. Promotion Society (CREST) on 19th September,2016.
- A lecture on the ‘Awareness about Renewable Sources of Energy’ was held on 21st November, 2016 in collaboration with CREST Chandigarh. Dr.Sakshi Gautam from Department of Physics, Panjab University, Chandigarh delivered lecture on the importance of Renewable Sources of Energy.
- Inter College Power-Point Presentation and Essay Writing Competition on Recent Advancements in Sciences was held on 9th February, 2017. About 25 teams from various city colleges participated who presented their views on topics like Lifi, Nanoscience, Neutrino Oscillations, Space and Science and many more. Winners were provided with prizes and certificates.
- Intra-College Quiz Competition was organized by Department of Physics in collaboration with Department of Science and Technology Chandigarh Administration, to celebrate National Science Day on 27th February, 2017.
- Students of the BBA Department enthusiastically participated in Management games on the theme of ‘Out of the box thinking’ and ‘Team Building’
- Logo Designing competition on the theme of online shopping, hospitality, Banking and Service Sector along with power point presentation competition was conducted on 17th February, 2017.
RED RIBBION CLUB
- Red Ribbon Club organized an Awareness Lecture on HIV (AIDS) on 16th November, 2016. Mrs. Sunil, Assistant Director, Chandigarh state Aids Control Society was the speaker.
- Puppet Show was organized on on 21st March, 2017 for the students as a part of AIDS (Awareness) Campaign.
Six students of BA-II successfully completed one and half months training programme on ‘Psychometrics’ at state council of Education, Research and Training, Sector-32, Chandigarh from 1st February to 31st March 2017.