Hostel at Dev Samaj College for Women, Sector 45-B, Chandigarh is known as one of the best girl hostels in Chandigarh Colleges. With the capacity to house more than 200 students, has very comfortable and congenial atmosphere. The rooms are spacious and considering the needs of young girls.
- Reading Room for study for the hostellers.
- Well furnished and spacious rooms to feel homely.
- Spacious Mess where girls can have hygenic food.
- Well-equipped Gymnasium to keep themselves fit and healthy.
- Internet access facility as and when required.
- A common room with a LCD TV for entertainment.
- Accommodation is available to college students(Regular/Casual). The number of seats are limited.
- All students, old and new, seeking hostel accomodation are required to fill in the hostel form at the time of applying for admission to the college. This form must be signed by the parent/guardian.
- Students seeking accommodation for the first time must be accompanied by the parent/guardian.
- A student is required to bring two passport size photographs of parents(both mother and father) and local guardians(a maximum of two married couples) at the time of joining the hostel.
- A medical fitness certificate , issued by a competent authority must be attached with the form. It should also carry the information of the blood group of the student and her sensitivity ,if any, to any medicine.
- The Principal is the final authority for admission to the hostel. She may refuse admission to any student without assigning any reason.
- Mere submission of application form does not ensure admission.
- The student should deposit the fee on the day of her admission otherwise her admission will be treated as cancelled .
- Hostel seat is allotted for one academic year only. Admission shall be sought afresh in every academic session. The reservation of the hostel seat for the next session can be done on advance payment of Rs. 3000/-. This amount is non-refundable but adjustable in hostel fee.
- Hostel seat may be denied to the old resident if her conduct,attendence and result of house tests have not been upto the mark.
- A wrong statement of facts or willful concealing of information may lead to expulsion of the resident.
Rules For Hostellers
- Rooms are allotted by the Warden in consultation with the Principal. Residents must not interchange their rooms without the permission of the Warden.
- Merit in studies and other fields alone is taken into consideration at the time of allotment of seats. The basis of allotment can be modified by the Principal/Warden as necessitated by the circumstances.
- Students must be present at the time of allotment of seats.
- Room mates shall be the students of the same class except in the case of real sisters or first cousin.
- Each resident is provided with a chair,a table and a cot. Furniture is not to be removed from one room to another in any case.
- Resident will be responsible for any damage to the hostel furniture , curtain entrusted to her.
- Day scholars are not permitted to visit or stay in the college
- If a resident absents herself from the college/hostel without any reason/permission, her parents/guardian will be informed immediately. In case she does'nt mend her ways she will be removed from the rolls of the hostel and the college.
- Playing cards, smoking, taking of meat,eggs,cakes,pastries,wine etc. in the hostel is strictly prohibited.
- Residents should not display or be in possession of any obscene material.
- Absence from the hostel for the whole day or late arrival without prior permission of the warden will be taken seriously and defaulters will be heavily fined.
- Residents must look up the hostel notice boards at least once a day to read important notices.Ignorance will not be accepted as an excuse for non-compliance .
- Residents will not be allowed to stay in the hostel during the summer vacation after the University Examination(Theory and Practical) are over.
- Residents are advised not to keep excessive cash/jewellery and other valuable with them, the college does not take any responsibility in this matter.
- Night roll call will be taken every day by the warden at 7.00PM. A resident present in the hostel but absent from the roll call is liable to a fine of Rs. 10/- per instance.